In this article, we read about the many skills it takes to achieve a great looking garden.
Gardening takes much more than luck to keep it looking good. Many skills are at work in this project and in this article the avid gardener, either novice or experienced, will be able to find advice. Some facts can be quite confusing such as the strange manner of things that exist in a herb garden and this is covered here. Some facts are quite funny and amusing while others are just plain odd! Concealed in the dirt, leaves and flowers of our gardens are many secrets!
Here we see a random assortment of weird, wonderful and sometimes very odd things about our gardens that we never knew! Next time you are digging around in your garden, keep in some of these mind boggling or just plain silly points in mind!
- A sunflower is not just one flower.
- There are more microorganisms in one teaspoon of soil than there are people on earth.
- Plants really do respond to sound.
- Butterflies might be more attracted to your weeds than your flowers.
- A little baking soda can help you grow sweeter tomatoes.
- Some of your favorite fruits are actually in the rose family.
- The right orchid combination can smell like your favorite dessert.
- You can change a hydrangea’s color by altering the pH level of the soil.
- Deer can jump eight feet high.
- You don’t need to be a dedicated composter to reap similar benefits.
Here is the video to explain these 10 wonderful things about your garden:
Source: Good Housekeeping