Here’s an incredibly useful and informative article for all those people who are diet conscious and like to have organic food items. The writing revolved around how to grow garlic at home.
With the amount of chemicals and preservatives that we intake with our food today, it is always better to stay on the safe side and go organic. Growing your vegetables and fruits at home can be extremely helpful and healthy for you in numerous ways.
The entire process is not costly at all and quite user-friendly as well. Even though its smell is not very attractive, the benefits are in abundance. If you have one garlic bulb per day, you’ll be blessing your body with the best.
Garlic is the cure for many illnesses as well. It contains all the crucial vitamins such as B, C, and D and also carries many nutrients which include calcium, sodium, magnesium, and potassium.
To start your garlic plant you need:
- several garlic bulbs (or heads)
- organic potting soil
- 1 planting pot
*For best results, either use organic garlic or wait until you see the garlic begins to sprout on its own.
- Use only good garlic heads.
- Take a large pot and fill it with potting soil.
- Separate the cloves and put each clove vertically at a depth of 1 inch.
- Cover the cloves with an inch of soil. Keep the pot in an area exposed to sun.
- Water the pot when it starts to dry out, same as you do with any indoor plant.
- Cut the greens when they are 3-4 inches tall, and leave an inch so they can regrow.
Some garlic types to try: soft neck, hard neck and elephant garlic.