This tutorial will definitely transform the look of your garden. These are some secrets that will allow you to edge your flower beds so good that your guests will think a pro had done it.
The edging in the photo is so good, that it’s hard to believe it can be done with only 3 tools that you probably already have in your home.
Here are before and after photos of a garden transformation:
Here’s how it is done:
1. Cut a fresh edge on the grass side of your flowerbed with a half moon edger.
Make a nice fresh cut along the grass part of your edges in a nice smooth arc. Then trench out the soil using a handheld garden shovel and mound it away from the edge.
A trench creates a place for water to drain and soil to fall. And offers a shadow for a nice clean look.
2. Scoop out the cut chunks of turf.
3. With hand held clippers, trim your grassy edges horizontally and vertically for a nice sharp haircut.
Trim the grass along the edge horizontally and vertically for a crisp haircut look.
- When cutting edges, attempt curvy shapes vs. straight.
- If you curve, ensure the curves will accommodate your lawnmower size. If your curves are too tight, you have to keep repositioning the mower.
Read More: How to Edge Flower Beds… Like a Pro!