If you love searching for hidden treasures and great bargains, then a visit to New Albany is a must. From specialty antique stores and gift shops to an annual street market, New Albany offers some of the best antique shopping in all of Mississippi. Read on to learn more about this vintage heaven!
Known as the “fair and friendly city,” New Albany is nestled in the hills of north Mississippi.
The charming town of 8,500 is known for its vibrant downtown, friendly residents, and variety of antique stores.
In fact, according to House Beautiful, it’s one of the nation’s “best small towns for antiques.” Read on to learn about some of the great shops you’ll find in New Albany.
1. Riverside Furniture, Antiques, and Flea Market (300 Highland St.) Housed in an old factory, Riverside encompasses nearly ½-acre and carries “anything imaginable.” Plunder through the merchandise and you’ll find everything from antiques and furniture to books and glassware.
2. Just Karma Consignment (105 W. Bankhead St.) Located in downtown New Albany, Just Karma is brimming with antiques, furniture, and collectibles. With a variety of sellers, there’s a vast selection, which means the possibility of finding a hidden treasure is practically guaranteed.
3. Re-Designing Women (120 W Main St.) Whether you’re searching for that perfect piece to complete a room or looking to redecorate you’re entire home, Re-Designing Women has got you covered. Situated directly on Main Street, it’s full of gently used furniture, antiques, accessories, décor, and lots more.
4. The Calico Mushroom (401 E Main St.) Though not actually an antique store, the Calico Mushroom is too good no to mention. A shop as unique as its name, it’s located in a turn of the century home and carries an impressive variety of gifts and home accessories. Look around and you’ll find decor, china, crystal, pottery, handbags, Mississippi made items, and more.
5. Collectors’ Delight (127 W Bankhead St.) Located in downtown New Albany, Collectors’ Delight is the perfect place to quench your need for antiquing! The huge inventory includes a mix of antique, vintage, and modern items. Browse the shelves and you’ll find glassware, furniture, artwork, home décor, and more. And if you don’t see what you’re looking for, just ask — Collectors’ Delight has several warehouses full of inventory.
Plan your visit to New Albany just right, and you can attend the Tallahatchie River Fest.Named one of the “best festivals in the Southeast,” the Tallahatchie River Fest is held in New Albany every October. The festival kicks off on a Thursday evening and ends the following Saturday. An Arts Market is set up throughout the festival and is the perfect place to find unique items from local crafters.
So, have you ever visited New Albany’s antique shops? If so, was your favorite listed?